Tablecloths are a great way to instantly spruce up any dining room.
And it’s always best to have one or two tablecloths designated for everyday use.
These cloths will be durable, resistant to oil and spills, and be easy to clean, which is why you can easily eat on it every day without having to worry about arduous cleanups.
But finding the right one for your kitchen can be tough sometimes, which is why we’ve compiled a list of the best tablecloths for everyday use.
These cloths are easy to clean, easy to store, and would look great in about any kitchen out there.
So read on if you’ve been trying to look for the right tablecloth for you.
Best Tablecloths For Everyday Use – Quick Comparison
Reviews Of The Best Tablecloths For Everyday Use
1. DII Classic Buffalo
- SEATS 10-12 PEOPLE - 100% cotton with 1" hem, see tablecloth size...
- EASY CARE - 100% cotton with 1" hem. Machine wash in cold water...
- ADDS A FINISHING TOUCH – Let your dinnerware stand out with our...
First up is a very classic checkered option coming from DII.
It features a red and black checkered pattern that is very reminiscent of tablecloths from decades ago.
It’s made of 100% cotton and measures in at 60” x 120”, making it a great everyday option for large families.
This is also an ideal pick for those who go out on picnics and gatherings often as it can go over large tables designed for groups of 10 or more.
And since it’s made of cotton, it is machine washable, so you won’t have to worry about having to wash this by hand after a couple of uses.
All in all, this is a great tablecloth that can be used every day and for special occasions, which makes it well worth checking out.
- Can cover large tables
- Machine washable
- Made of 100% cotton
- Classic checkered pattern
- Available in multiple colors
- Might be too large for some
2. Urban Villa – Cuisine Stripes
- VALUE PACK – The 6-pack provides you with enough dinner place mats...
- STRONG: Durable and wrinkle resistant, these place mats are an...
- COUNTLESS USES – Superior and luxury hotel quality, these table...
Next up is a product from Urban Villa, and this would be a great pick for anyone looking to brighten up their dining room.
This 60” x 120” everyday tablecloth has a beautiful color combination and striped design that would invite a lot of light and positive energy in the room.
This can also be used as an outdoor tablecloth for backyard BBQs and gatherings.
It’s made of 100% cotton, so it can be washed in a machine without worrying about ruining the fabric.
This is a much better fabric than polyester as it’s much stronger and wrinkle resistant.
And on top of all that, the design also allows this tablecloth to be used for fancier settings, especially if it matches the room properly.
- Can be used in various settings
- The light design is easy on the eyes
- Machine washable
- Durable and wrinkle-resistant
- Might be too large for some settings
3. DII CAMZ35275 Cotton Tablecloth
- CUSTOMIZE YOUR TABLE – This 70" Round tablecloth seats 4 - 6 people....
- CONSTRUCTION INFORMATION - 100% cotton fabric in damask design with a...
- ENHANCE YOUR HOME - Add candles or a holiday centerpiece to table...
Next up is another cotton tablecloth from DII, but this one is round and measures 70” in diameter.
It has a great combination of black and white tones in a damask pattern that will instantly catch a guest’s eye.
This is another great option for everyday use since it’s made out of cotton and can be washed easily in the machine.
You won’t have to worry about the colors fading because of cold water with this one, either.
This is a fairly large tablecloth, but it isn’t too large that you won’t be able to use it every day.
And if the black and white combination isn’t exactly your speed, you can also get in as a red damask tablecloth which is just as eye-catching.
- Available in two colors
- Large and round
- 100% cotton fabric is machine washable
- Well constructed and durable
- The damask pattern may not be for everyone
4. iLiveX Original Design
- ✅Are you tired of having to waste money and time on special cleaning...
- ✅Original design, combined with the popular elements to decorate...
- ✅Made from carefully selected and fully tested polyester fabric....
This rectangular tablecloth measures in at 52” x 72”, which is just about right for an average dinner table.
This may not be the best choice for large gatherings, but if all you’re looking for is a simple tablecloth for small family meals, then this might be the one for you.
It’s made from high-quality polyester, which makes it a bit harder to clean than cotton, but it gives the cloth water-resistant qualities that can really protect your table from spillage.
On top of that, it also has a beautiful print with a variety of leaves and colors.
The design is bright and eye-catching, but it isn’t too loud that it will steal away from the beauty of the room or dining set up.
So if you’ve been looking for a simple, well-designed, and aptly sized everyday tablecloth, then this iLiveX model is highly recommended.
- Water and oil-resistant
- Made of high-quality polyester
- Aesthetically pleasing print
- Machine washable
- Great size for an average dinner table
- Not suited for large tables and gatherings
5.DII CAMZ38775 Square
- CUSTOMIZE YOUR TABLE – This square tablecloth measures 52x52",...
- EASY CARE - 100% cotton with 1" hem. Machine washable, gentle cycle,...
- ADDS A FINISHING TOUCH – Colorful, beautifully printed lemons on a...
This is a great tablecloth to use in the summer seasons when the temperature starts to rise and the sun starts to shine.
It has a beautiful print with lemons and leaves, which is the reason why the design is called “Lemon Bliss”.
The entire thing is made out of 100% cotton, so while it may not be as water and oil-resistant as polyester, it’s much easier to clean and more resistant to wrinkles.
And while it may be great in the summer, this is definitely a tablecloth that can be used year-round.
This measures in at 52” x 52”, so it’s ideal for tables that seat 4-6 people.
A very good choice for small gatherings and simple family lunches.
- Bright and light design
- 100% cotton
- Easy to clean
- May not be large enough for some tables
6. Obstal Rectangle Table Cloth
- Premium Quality Tablecloth:This durable and...
- Water Resistance Tablecloth: Our holiday...
- Fulfill Your Finicky Fashion Sense: The impressively durable fabric...
Next up is a 60” x 84” microfiber and solid-colored table cloth from Obstal.
It may not be the flashiest one out there or have the most intricate pattern, but sometimes that’s all you need when it comes to an everyday tablecloth.
It’s made out of microfiber, so it will really protect your table from oil, water, and any other small spill one may encounter while dining.
It comes in a beautiful navy blue that will really help ground any interior design setup.
But if blue isn’t exactly your speed, you can also get this product in a bunch of other colors that are more your style.
And on top of all that, this is one of the most affordable tablecloths on our list.
- Oil and Water-resistant
- Made of microfiber
- Great for large dining set ups
- Not ideal for small dining areas
7. Kaaltisy 48 Inches Buffalo
- Tablecloth Demensions: Measures 48" in Diameter, suitable for 20"-35"...
- Material: Made of 80% cotton and 20% polyester blend, exquisite...
- Decoration: The buffalo plaid pattern is simple and elegant, easy to...
Capping off our list is the smallest tablecloth we have.
It measures 48” in diameter, and comes in a great buffalo checkered pattern that would work great with both indoor and outdoor tables.
It comes in both black and white grids and red and black grids, so if white you can easily find a design that fits your tastes.
This is a tablecloth that can be machine washed and tumble-dried, which is a great feature of an everyday tablecloth.
You really won’t have to worry about arduous cleanup processes with this product.
So if you’ve been looking for the right circular tablecloth for your table, this might be the right one for you.
- Simple design
- Easy to clean
- Great for outdoor tables
- Made out of 80% cotton and 20% polyester
- May not be the right size for some tables
What To Look For When Buying
The first thing you’ll need to decide is what material you want on the tablecloth.
There are many choices for this such as burlap, lace, or sequins, and the final choice will all depend on what your tastes are.
That being said, for everyday use, it’s best to get simple cotton or broadcloth tablecloth since these are easier to clean and will make your dining area look very simple, yet classy as well.
There are so many choices out there for the fabric of a tablecloth, so make sure to really give it some thought before making your final decision.
2. Color & Design
Next up, you’ll need to figure out the color and design you want on it.
You can choose between either a solid-color tablecloth or one with a simple print or pattern.
For everyday dining, it’s best to choose designs that are simple and don’t catch too much attention.
Because of that, it’s highly recommended to choose either solid-colored cloth or ones that have simple patterns such as checkers.
But if you want to spice things up and have a more intricate design, there’s nothing wrong with that, especially if it matches the setting properly.
Once you’ve figured out the fabric you want and the design, all that’s left to do is make sure you’re getting the right size.
To do this, simply measure the length and width of the table (diameter if it’s a round table), figure out how much you want the cloth to hang, multiply that measurement by two, then add to the dimensions of the table.
For example, if you have a table that measures in at 45” x 65” and you want the cloth to hang by 7”, then all you have to do is add 14” to the dimensions of the table.
In this example, that would result in 59” x 79”.
45” + (7” * 2) x 65” + (7” * 2) = 59” x 79”.
1. Should I Use A Tablecloth?
Yes, it’s recommended to use a tablecloth on a daily basis.
This is because they can protect your table from small food and drink spills, as well as add a classy aesthetic to the dining area.
2. What Kind Of Fabric Should I Use For A Tablecloth?
For everyday use, it’s best to use a broadcloth or cotton print tablecloth.
For formal events, sequins, lace, and satin are the most popular materials.
And for weddings, it’s common to see burlap table cloths that give off a rustic aesthetic.
3. What Size Tablecloth Do I Need?
To get the right size, you first need to measure the length and width of the table (if the table is circular, measure the diameter).
Next, figure out how long you want the table cloth to drop on each side, once you have that measurement, double it.
After that’s all done, simply add everything up, and you have the right sized table cloth.
For example, if you have a table that measures 61” x 38” and you want a 9” drop, then you have to add 18 (9 * 2) to both the 61” and 38” measurements.
After you do that, add both of those together and you get the final measurement.
In this case, that would result in a measurement of 77” x 54”.
4. What’s The Point Of A Table Runner?
A runner can protect your table from spills from hot pans and candles while also adding more color and texture to your dining layout.
5. Is It OK To Use Placemats With A Tablecloth?
There is no rule that says it’s not OK to do this, but customarily, you should place plates and cutlery onto the table cloth directly.
However, if you choose to use placemats with a tablecloth, make sure to use a cloth one if you have a cloth tablecloth.
6. How Much Tablecloth Should Hang-Over?
This all depends on you and your personal tastes.
7. Are Placemats Out Of Style?
In most restaurants, placemats have fallen out of style and have been replaced by more toned down and minimalist dining setups.
8. What Can I Use Instead Of A Table Runner?
This is only limited by your own creativity, but here are some common alternatives to the standard table runner: a rustic wooden board, old book pages, scarves, a cheesecloth, a burlap mat, or even simple placemats.
9. What Color Tablecloth Should I Use?
This is all up to you, but make sure you take into account the room where the table is, the type of cutlery you have, and the type of pattern you want on the cloth before deciding on a final color.
10. Should You Use Round Placemats On A Round Table?
Yes, placemats for round tables are usually circular or oval, so that they don’t hang over the table and add to the aesthetic.
And there you have it, our comprehensive list of the best everyday tablecloths you can find today.
There are different colors, patterns, and materials out there designed for different people, which is why this list is so varied.
But if you think you found the right one for your dining room while reading this list, then all that’s left to do is order one for yourself.
And before you know it, your dining area will come to life with a great tablecloth that perfectly fits your requirements.
- Best Tablecloths For Everyday Use – Quick Comparison
- Reviews Of The Best Tablecloths For Everyday Use
- What To Look For When Buying
- 1. Should I Use A Tablecloth?
- 2. What Kind Of Fabric Should I Use For A Tablecloth?
- 3. What Size Tablecloth Do I Need?
- 4. What’s The Point Of A Table Runner?
- 5. Is It OK To Use Placemats With A Tablecloth?
- 6. How Much Tablecloth Should Hang-Over?
- 7. Are Placemats Out Of Style?
- 8. What Can I Use Instead Of A Table Runner?
- 9. What Color Tablecloth Should I Use?
- 10. Should You Use Round Placemats On A Round Table?